cycling to Stonehenge or Avebury
Soccer shoes cristiano ronaldo 3. The Red Lion in Avebury is a pleasant little pub. I’d eat there.
4. Stonehenge is really not that exciting. Avebury will give you much more to explore. While you’re in the area, visit West Kennet Long Barrow as well it’s a short stroll from Avebury.
A number of years ago a few of us cycled the Ridgeway from Avebury to Goring, and we started by taking the road from Swindon. It was early on a Good Friday morning, and I don’t remember it being a problem. Something less than soccer shoes cristiano ronaldo an hour, I think.
Assume that any part of the Ridgeway is offroad, and offroad bikes are recommended.
posted by daveje at 9:08 AM on May 27, 2011
Avebury is one of my favorite places on Earth. Lots cooler than Stonehenge (except for the fact that it’s the one that people have heard of.) It’s been over a decade since I’ve been there so I can’t really answer the rest of your question. Have fun!
posted by MCMikeNamara at 9:10 AM on May 27, 2011
2. I’ve previously cycled from Wootton Bassett (nr Swindon) to Avebury, along roads all the nike flyknit soccer way, and never had any problems apart from the MASSIVE hill through Broad Town,
3. soccer shoes cristiano ronaldo If you do go from Swindon to Avebury by road and go through Broad Hinton, The Crown does pretty good pub food.
4. Personally I think that Avebury is a much more interesting place to visit than Stonehenge
posted by lizabeth at 1:04 PM on May 27, 2011
Have you thought about adding parts of the White Horse Trail to your itinerary? Salisbury to Stonehenge is only a 12 mile cycle.
The Red Lion in Chisenbury, would be en route if you were cycling Pewsey>Stonehenge (downhill!). It’s sensationally good, and definitely worth a detour.
posted by roofus at 5:30 AM soccer shoes cristiano ronaldo on May 28, 2011
1. Streatley Avebury via Ridgeway some ten years ago. No paved trail but do able on a tough tourer. At that time the surface was mashed up by off roaders, I believe it has been improved since.
2. Try and avoid A roads. Map read via B roads, unclassifieds and bridlepaths.
3. Search The Good Pub Guide food pubs. Also use their app. if you have nike flyknit soccer a mobile.
4. More to see at Avebury. Silbury Hill, West Kennet Long Barrow etc.
Also bear in mind that you end up near the nike flyknit soccer Kennet and Avon Canal whose tow path is an easy cycle eastwards back towards the Thames. If you want to make a three day trip that is soccer shoes cristiano ronaldo.